Visionary has published its highlights document for 2018-19 and once again demonstrates just how vital local sight loss organisations are in providing direct services to blind and partially sighted individuals. We continue to celebrate and support our members in many ways. Some key highlights include:
- Our members supported a staggering 229,948 beneficiaries with their services. No other sight loss organisation in the UK directly reaches and serves as many blind and partially-sighted people as the collective force of our members organisations.
- The number of member organisations employing rehabilitation workers has reduced to just 25% in 2018-19.
- Most members still do not receive funding to employ an ECLO (Eye Clinic Liaison Officer).
- Our 2018 annual conference in Birmingham was the most successful yet, with 204 delegates, representing 81 different organisations coming along to two days of workshops, speakers and networking.
- 85% of our members received an annual visit from Visionary.
- We responded to 46 direct requests for support from our members. These covered such diverse areas as: GDPR training; organisational restructuring; social media planning; tenders and lottery support; legacy development; and brand development.