Workshops at the Visionary Annual Conference should relate to this year’s theme, Make it happen: Make it matter, which is all about action. It is about keeping in mind what really matters for people with sight loss and finding solutions to ensure that services are delivered for them and with them.
What we expect from you
As a workshop facilitator at the Visionary Annual Conference, we request that you:
- Follow Visionary’s accessibility guidelines
- Use Visionary branded templates for presentations and handouts
- Complete workshop materials within allocated timeframes to allow us enough time for review and preparation of accessible formats
- Attend and present at the workshop on the set date and time and arrange a ‘stand in’ in case of any unforeseen circumstances that may prevent you from facilitating the workshop on the day
What you can expect from us
We will provide the following support to all workshop facilitators:
- Accessibility guidance and Visionary branded templates for presentations and handouts
- Clear, early communication of deadlines for materials
- Review of workshop materials and preparation of accessible formats for workshop delegates (as required)
- Provision of a workshop delegate list in advance of the conference
- Allocation of a room with a laptop and screen available
Costs and discounts
Workshop facilitators can also attend the conference as a delegate and will receive a 50% discount from the cost of the delegate rate (for up to two facilitators). Early bird discount (10% discount from the delegate rate and awards dinner) is also available for members and national/associate partners until Friday 6 September.
Workshop facilitators can book on to the conference by completing the Booking Form. Please note that the 50% facilitator discount will not be reflected in the automated confirmation email, but will be accounted for in your invoice.
If workshop facilitators are not attending the conference as a delegate, Visionary can cover the cost of travel expenses, in line with our expenses policy.
For any further questions, please email Visionary and a member of the team will get back to you.