Workshops at the Visionary Annual Conference should relate to this year’s theme, ‘make it happen, make it matter’, which is about action and keeping in mind what really matters for individuals with sight loss and finding solutions to ensure that services are delivered for them and with them.
What we expect from you
As a workshop facilitator at the Visionary Annual Conference, we request that you:
- Follow Visionary’s accessibility guidelines
- Use Visionary branded templates for presentations and handouts
- Complete workshop materials within allocated timeframes to allow us enough time for review and preparation of accessible formats
- Attend and present at the workshop on the set date and time and arrange a ‘stand in’ in case of any unforeseen circumstances that may prevent you from facilitating the workshop on the day
- Ensure that each workshop consists of no more than two facilitators, one lead and one support
What you can expect from us
We will provide the following support to all workshop facilitators:
- Provision of accessibility guidelines and Visionary branded templates for presentations and handouts
- Clear, early communication of deadlines for materials
- Review of workshop materials and preparation of accessible formats for workshop delegates (as required)
- Provision of a workshop delegate list in advance of the conference
- Allocation of a room with a laptop and screen available
Costs and discounts
Unfortunately, we are unable to cover travel expenses, however workshop facilitators from member organisations will receive a 50% discount from the cost of the delegate rate.
For any further questions please email Visionary and a member of the team will get back to you.