Here you will find notes from our online Fundraisers forum (held since October) ordered by the most recent first. You will also be able to access any resources and useful documents shared from these sessions:
3 December 2020
We had an inspiring 90 minute special pandemic busting fundraising tactics session with Ben Swart at Bright Spot Fundraising who shared his tips for making story telling more impactful, so that people you want to influence are more generous and likely to act! Thanks to Sue Piper for organising this. The following are some resources Ben mentioned which you may find useful:
- The Power of Moments – Chip and Dan Heath (Audio version available)
- Switch – Chip & Dan Heath (audio version available)
- Made to Stick – Chip and Dan Heath (audio version available)
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion – Robert Cialdini (audio version available)
- Thinking Fast and Slow – Daniel Khaneman (audio version available)
- The Elements of Persuasion – Maxwell & Dic
TED Talk’s to help
- Dan Pallotta – Brilliant presentation, showing one of the best ways to build contrast on stats and stories
- Amy Cuddy – Your body language shapes who you are
5 November 2020
The fundraisers forum was once again well attended with over 30 people attending. Sue Piper of Kent Association for the Blind (KAB) facilitated the session where members shared excellent ideas for Christmas fundraising. Nick Burr of CamSight gave an interesting presentation on the Big Give which provoked some lively discussion. He has also shared his timeline as attached to promote the Big Give (see below). The next session will be on Thursday 3 December, 12.30pm – 1.30pm. Register here or if you have previously registered for this forum, please use the same joining details you received when you registered. For a reminder of your joining details, email Visionary.
1 October 2020
The session was once again facilitated by Sue Piper of Kent Association for the Blind (KAB). Ashleigh Fell and Phil Gerrish from Sterling Lotteries made a presentation (see below) about their charity lottery and how Visionary members could join to generate regular unrestricted income.
The next session is on Thursday 5 November, 12.30pm to 1.30pm and will focus on Christmas Fundraising. Sue kindly shared some resources developed by KAB (see below). Register here or if you have previously registered for this forum, please use the same joining details you received when you registered. For a reminder of your joining details, email Visionary.
- Sterling Unity Presentation – Visionary Forum
- Standard print Summer appeal 2020 donation form at the bottom PRINT
- Standard print Christmas appeal 2019 press ready