Enable Funding: how it supported Wirral Society for the Blind and Partially Sighted to review their services and develop business planning
Enable grants are awarded to charities which have identified clear development needs and provide a great opportunity to strengthen charities to deliver more effectively.
Through receiving feedback following an unsuccessful funding application, WSBPS identified areas where our organisation needed further development and approaches to monitoring and evaluation our services. From here, we came across a programme launched by the Lloyds Charitable Trust, ‘ENABLE,’ set up to provide support to Charities specific areas and improve systems, approaches and forward planning for stronger sustainability.
Following a successful application, we received £15,000 over 18 months to bring in external consultants to work with us. We are in the final six months of the project and have made really good progress through a full organisational review, more efficient and effective systems including financial forecasting, controls and managing and minimising future risks and challenges.
WSBPS would recommend this programme if your Charity is facing uncertainties as it will provide that extra support that can help you see things differently.
It’s a straight forward application with good guidelines through the whole process.
What Enable Grants Fund
Enable grants fund activities related to the development and improvement of your charity’s capability. Examples include:
- Pilot initiatives, to trial new ways of delivering your programmes
- Strengthening your monitoring systems
- Creating stronger business plans and service development plans
- Improving your charity’s marketing and communications
- Investigating mergers, partnerships, shared services and contracts
- Developing new streams of income and enterprise for your charity
- Expanding your charity’s capacity to reach new audiences and recruit volunteers
- Improving your structures and systems, for example in finance, HR, risk management and volunteer management.