Acas gives employees and employers free, impartial advice on workplace rights, rules and best practice.
This Acas resource Coronavirus (COVID-19): advice for employers and employees is very useful and is regularly updated.
Acas have hosted several webinars with a focus on Coronavirus. Visionary staff and members have attended them and we can safely say they are very good.
The webinars covered:
- steps that can help reduce the spread of the virus
- effective ways of communicating with employees
- self-isolating, time off, sickness certification and sick pay
- altering working hours, shift patterns and working arrangements
- remote working and the use of technology
What is particularly useful to hear is the Q and A’s from other organisations – these are very useful in understanding the practical application of the restrictions upon usual working practices at these times – including furlough.
You can download the Q and A’s below – they very usefully come with links to further information and guidance.