Visionary Knowledge Hub
The Knowledge Hub is a place where both members and Visionary can share knowledge which it is felt those engaged in the network could benefit from.
The Knowledge Hub will sit on the new Visionary website, which will be launched shortly. However, we are aware that many members have requested information and example documents to support you and your teams in the great work your organisations are doing and did not want to unnecessarily delay your access to the Knowledge Hub. In the intervening period, therefore, we are keen to make the Knowledge Hub available to all full members now.
The below headings are a good representation of what knowledge is currently available and we are continually expanding resources in all areas of support.
- Governance – Policies and procedures on virtually any aspect of running an effective charitable organisation, for example, H&S, Safeguarding, HR management, etc.
- Quality Frameworks – Current RNIB frameworks such as the Practice Guidance and Quality Framework for ECLO and nonECLO services, Quality Framework for Information, Advice and Guidance
- Income Development:
Individual and Community Fundraising – PowerPoint presentations from fundraising experts
Legacy Fundraising – How to talk about legacies to supporters; Legacy terminology and guides
Grants and Trusts – BIG Lottery Reaching Communities timeline and guides
Contracts and Commissioning – Service specifications; tendering top tips; common mistakes and how to avoid them
- Outcome and Impact Measurement:
Strategic Frameworks – Monitoring and evaluation frameworks and templates; understanding terminology;
Theory of Change models
Service User Consultation – Conducting focus groups; supporting with surveys; qualitative analysis; word clouds
- Employment – Example evaluation of employment services; guiding principles for employment services; references for evidencing need for employment support; ways to support employability for people with sight loss
- Rehabilitation – Making Rehab Work training materials; RNIB Cost Avoidance Study
- Technology – Information about current and useful apps and accessibility software; templates
- Communications – Social media top tips
- Trusted Suppliers – Details of specialist external suppliers with whom Visionary members have had a positive experience, for example HR professionals, legal advisors, business planning specialists, organisational development, marketing experts, IT and web developers, training providers
If you have a specific query or would like a copy of any of the knowledge that we have available, then please email us and we will get back you. We also offer support on how you can implement these resources.
The above knowledge is often available in document form. We have endeavoured to make the documents as accessible as possible and are continually working to develop this aspect, therefore, would welcome your feedback at any point.
A small number of members have generously provided many documents to help form the core of this Knowledge Hub and we would like to encourage others to do the same so that knowledge can be better shared across the
Visionary network. If you have any documents, especially policies and procedures or guides that you would be happy to share, then please email us.
Information in the Knowledge Hub is for Visionary full members’ use only and must not be shared outside of the Visionary network.
If you notice any inaccuracies or are concerned with any details in the Knowledge Hub then please contact us immediately via email.
You should treat any information as being intended for guidance only, and not as a substitute for professional advice. No responsibility for loss occasioned as a result of any person acting or refraining from acting can be accepted by Visionary.
Do also remember that working closely with the charities and social business team at RussellCooke LLP, Visionary offers full members access to a free and confidential Legal Helpline 020 3826 7538.
By contacting the Helpline you accept the terms and conditions of use which can be found here on the Visionary website and must be read before you contact the Helpline.