Job title: Chief Executive Officer of Berkshire Vision
Salary: £43,000 – £48,000 subject to experience plus workplace pension scheme
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Due to the retirement of the current incumbent, Berkshire Vision is looking for a dynamic and engaging strong leader to assume Chief Executive Officer accountability for the charity. Working closely with the Board of Trustees, the successful candidate will develop the charity’s long-term strategy whilst managing day to day operations for the benefit of those that the charity supports.
This appointment is a great opportunity to hold a senior role with scope to shape the future of the charity and be directly involved in bringing this about.
About Berkshire Vision
Berkshire Vision provides visually impaired people in Berkshire with the information and support they need to live independently and safely. We do this through direct support, social interaction, information and advice and opportunities that would not be otherwise available.
- Acting as a strong ambassador for the charity’s vision and values
- Day to day running of the charity
- Management of the budget and financial responsibilities
- Develop and deliver the strategic roadmap in partnership with the Board
- Leading and motivating staff and volunteers
- Development and achievement of fundraising activities
- External relationships liaison and representation across a broad range of groups
- Adherence to the Charity’s legal, statutory, ethical and regulatory responsibilities
To be successful in this role you should have:
- A passion for supporting and enhancing the lives of those the charity offers services to
- Proven operational and people management experience within the charity sector
- Strong financial management skills and business acumen
- Effective communication skills with the ability to liaise, engage and influence a diverse range of stakeholders
- Pragmatism, a team player approach and organisational skills
The role is a full and busy position but there may be working time flexibility for the right candidate.
If you are interested in applying for this role please request an application pack by emailing email@example.com.