Job title: Assistant Sight Care Advisor
Contract: 3 year contract, part-time (18 hours/week over 3 days
Salary: £19,000-£22,000 per annum, pro rata (depending on experience)
Closing Date: 11 May 2018
Interview date: 25 May 2018
Founded in 1921, 4Sight Vision Support is a Charity which works with the Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust providing a vital service for visually impaired people living in Sussex. Our Sight Care Advisors’ service has been supporting the needs of visually impaired people for 20 years, offering help and support at the time of diagnosis of serious and irreversible sight loss.
Based within the Eye Clinics at Southlands Hospital, Shoreham-by-Sea and St Richards Hospital, Chichester, as Assistant Sight Care Advisor you will use your skills to the full as you provide people who have been diagnosed with sight loss with the practical and emotional support they need. Offering individually-tailored advice, you will support them to adjust to their change in circumstances and access any other services they require, such as rehabilitation, reablement, employment, community outreach and independent living advice.
The role will involve you providing impartial information, guidance and advocacy to visually impaired people, their families and carers, as well as:
- Providing initial emotional support as needed and offering individually-tailored advice
- Bridging the gap between hospital and community-based services
- Working closely with medical professionals, statutory bodies and local service providers
- To encourage referral to sources of support including statutory organisations as well as support from other local and national organisations and charities.
- Maintaining strong links with appropriate eye clinics or low vision services.
To succeed as Assistant Sight Care Advisor, you should have
- A good general education
- Previous experience of work in the field of visual impairment
- Willingness to work towards the Eye Clinic Liaison Officer qualification
- A sound understanding of the Health and Social Care Sector
- Experience of assessing individual needs
- Positive networking, presentation and partnership-building skills
- Personal initiative and the ability to prioritise own workload and be self sufficient
- IT literacy and competency in the use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work effectively with volunteers.
For an application pack please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01243 828555